Wednesday, January 26, 2011

So Close, Yet So Far Away!


I haven’t had this feeling since my wedding: there is something about the approachment of one of life’s biggest moments that makes time seem to FLY by yet  c r e e p by simultaneously.  The combination of excitement and anxiety (only as I look at my to-do list) fills my nights, dreams, and especially my first thoughts in the morning which then makes me roll (literally) out of bed with a little more “umph” than before.  I think that knowing I’m one day closer to holding my baby boy gets me going with a bit more enthusiasm (even when I am exhausted due to rolling back and forth all night and getting up to pee now 2-3 times a night).  And I love it.  I love my baby.  I love that in 8 weeks I’ll be holding him (maybe sooner? But let’s hope not too soon and definitely not later!!)
My amazing, generous and creative mother planned a beautiful baby shower for me in Michigan on January 16.  We had a lovely lunch at Brickstreet in Grand Blanc and some faithful friends and family were in attendance with precious and practical gifts of all sorts.  I took it all in and enjoyed the moment.  The highlight of the weekend was spending some quality time with my Aunt Pam, Aunt Susan and cousins Rae, Jammie , Jill and Olivia.  We stayed up until 2a.m. playing games and laughing until we cried (and peed our pants....and I wasn’t the only one!  But, I was the only one with a good excuse).  The only lack was not having my mother-in-law there (and sisters-in-law: Simone, Anna-Maria, and Miriam).  I love them dearly and know they would have been there if they could.  
We started childbirth classes this week at our hospital.  Session 1 was informative, helpful and comical (due to our great instructor).  Even though I already know much of this information, it’s good to hear it again with David. At the end, we practiced a few breathing techniques  and David learned how to lead me during labor and not just say “Good job baby, keep doing that breathing thing.”  These techniques have been helpful the past few days as I frequently find myself standing up for just a few moments and suddenly out of breath, huffing and puffing (seriously?  They say this is normal, but I feel like a 400lb out-of-breath whale from just standing or walking up 3 steps).  Then, I’ll sit down and within minutes need to get back up due to the back pain or my ribs cramping down and feeling little feet pounding against my ribs.  8 more weeks?  Oh right, I just said “I love this.”  (and I do...really!)
Time to practice our “Cleansing Breath”....  


30 Weeks - January 16, 2010

30 Weeks

30 Weeks

Bug Quilt that my mom made: she literally cut out and sewed every little detail of these bugs: eyes, arms, feet, etc!)

Farm Quilt: Another work-of-art by my mother...a LABOR of LOVE putting this together!

Farm Animals :)

Me and Maim

Me and Mom (holding some of the bedding pieces she made!)

New robe mommy made me to match bedding and to wear at the hospital




No comments:

Post a Comment