Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Snotty Nose and Loving Life

It’s hard to keep up with all the new things Jack is doing these days at 5.5 Months Old :

rolling, rolling, rolling lots.  Sleeping a solid 10 hours a night (YES!) 

Smiling and giggling more and more.

 Just started grabbing his feet and putting them in his mouth (Yum??) 

Got his first cold (so sad.  Colds never seemed like a big deal until you have an infant who can’t blow his own nose and has a hard time eating because he can’t breathe out of his little nose.  I knew that day would come and all the sudden I was like “how do I treat a cold?”  The boogie getter-outer (okay, I know it’s not the real name – aspirator for those of you who like that name better) IS NOT fun...and it’s hard to use.  I feel like I spend a good 2 minutes trying to position his ever-moving head just right so I don’t shove the blue thing too far up his nose, yet far enough that I can actually get the snot out and not have to continue torturing my baby!  He screams when I get anywhere near his nose.  Saline solution is a little better...although I think I’ve gotten the same amount of quirts all over his face/in his eyes as I’ve gotten actually up his nose – good thing it doesn’t hurt his eyes.  Whew...I do look forward to when I can just put a tissue around his nose and say “blow!”....okay, it’ll be nice when he can just do it all himself, right? Haha. 

I joined a ministry called NEST at my church for moms with young kids and it’s great!  I’m creating a mommy mission statement!  That may sound weird, but it’s true that mommyhood can just fly by and I want to be intentional with each of my days..plus it helps me find joy and great purpose in my job as MOM.  Will post when I finish.

I am LOVING this season of life – I know I’ve said it in every post, but I know that there will come a day when I might not love “this season” and I want to remember this to help carry me through that season.  Jack is my treasure and I’m honored that God chose me to be his mommy.  I love it...I love it all...all that comes with it. 

.......Even the boogie-getter-outer screaming moments.  I’m thankful.  

1 comment:

  1. Okay this is going to sound disgusting, but it's awesome! Pinwheel sells these simple little devices that allow you to literally suck the snot out of their little noses. IT DOES NOT go into your mouth- its impossible. Still, feels weird and gross and its not for everyone. (Eric can't handle it). But I love it! Aspirators never worked at all for Alyosha, and these at least give him a few minutes of relief before more snot attacks. I forgot the name of them, but if you go to Pinwheel they'll know what you mean. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete