Saturday, August 21, 2010

4 Years and 9 Weeks



We celebrated two milestones this week: 4 year anniversary and 9 weeks pregnant. David and I are so in love and thank God for His working in our hearts and marriage. I couldn’t be happier or imagine a more fulfilled marriage; it’s truly wonderful. My mom was in town, so she joined us for dinner at our favorite restaurant in Waco, called 1424. EVERYTHING there is delicious. We are planning an anniversary get-a-way/babymoon at the end of September when it cools off a little (I’m so over the 100+ temps). It’s a surprise, so I don’t have any more details to share....David is the master trip planner! As for celebrating 9 weeks, each week I feel should be celebrated (especially since I am feeling quite nauseous most days/all day, so to get through another week truly is a great feeling). I am just praying the nausea starts to subside quite a bit this coming week as I start back full-time teaching. I never sit down in my classroom and it requires 100% of me and my strength, so I am needing God to help me out!
Here is a picture of us on our anniversary. No baby bump pictures – it will be awhile before the belly bulges. Well, ah ehm, the belly, booty, hips and elsewhere have started to bulge, but I can’t really attribute that to the baby yet....mostly my diet of carbs to keep the nausea at bay. Clothes are tight, but I guess it’s alright. More to come....

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you both! Bets, I wish I could be there with you during this pregnancy, but I will just rely on the K Babe blog and phone chats! :)Congrats on 4 years of marriage- it seems like just yesterday we were at your wedding. And now we begin another exciting season of life with your baby, the supermodel Karnes baby. We all know that baby is going to be ridiculously beautiful. Can't wait to hear more updates. I am praying that your back-to-school experience is a positive one and that your sickness subsides. Love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need more regular postings. I don't want any BS excuses about being pregnant or tired or working full time or anything like that. Quit everything you're doing and POST MORE UPDATES!

    ReplyDelete