Wednesday, February 16, 2011

5 More Weeks - FullER of Baby!


Week 34 was quite uncomfortable....lots of leg cramps throughout the night, major heartburn (major!), difficulty breathing, fuller of baby and waking up each day feeling gaseous for the first 1-4 hours.  However, today I woke up and felt great (comparatively speaking)!  I was so thankful!  While at school today, 3 different people looked at me and said “I think you’ve dropped!”  It didn’t really click with me, but then I thought “Hm...that must be why I feel better.  I can definitely tell his positioning is different.”  I still have little feet in the ribs and a little difficulty breathing, but it is noticeably better than the past week.  Whoo hoo!  

These signs of progression have put a little kick in the urgency to get things ready!  I stayed at work tonight until 7 with my amazing friend, Amber, and we mapped out the 6 weeks I’ll be out.  She is a true gift from God for me for so many reasons.  I still have roughly 6 hours of work to do to prep my sub, but I feel much better having the plan set!  Whew!  Speaking of getting things ready – my mom will be here in one week.  She will be helping Billy move out and then spend a week painting the room and helping me get organized.  I can’t wait to have the baby room set and ready to go! I can't wait for her to get here!

Over the weekend, a sweet friend, took some maternity pictures of us.  She is starting a photography business and wanted to use me as her maternity model for her website.  I loved it and am sure we’ll end up with some great pictures. David, on the other hand, endured the 3 hour photo shoot as an act of love towards me.  I’ll hopefully be able to post some of the 34 week pictures soon. 

News: Tomorrow we’re going to meet two pediatricians, so hopefully one of them is great!  Oh and I told my boss today that I am not planning to work full-time next year!  I was nervous about the conversation, but it went better than I could have planned!  She offered me a part-time position (well, an unofficial offer because she’ll have to work it out in the budget), so I’ll be praying about that.  If it’s God’s will and ends up being financially beneficial, then I’ll probably do it....we’ll see!  

Thanks for keeping me and Kbabe in your prayers.  I am needing lots of GRACE to make it through the days working with my students.  We are believing he will come at the PERFECT time (but it would GREAT for me to make it 3 more weeks – through my spring break).  I’m not counting on him arriving early, but many people think he’ll come early and I also have a strong feeling he will.  March 24 (original due date) sounds perfect to me...but I’m not sure we’ll make it there....who knows?  

‘Till next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment