Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thankful.



Well, at this point, I am pretty sure the baby boy has dropped and we could expect his arrival any time...even though it’s still quite early (4.5 weeks away).  I am feeling more pressure on the lower half of my belly!  I would prefer he waits until March 7.... my spring break!  I don’t want to have to come back to school earlier than the beginning of May...haha (the real reason!)  I just need to take a minute to THANK GOD for His AMAZING GRACE throughout my pregnancy.  Although, I’ve mentioned all the “difficulties” (why is it so much easier to focus on those, rather than the good moments???) I need to acknowledge that I have had a GREAT pregnancy.  I haven’t had any complications and have been very healthy!  Overall, I have felt wonderful and loved my growing body.  I have been able to keep working full-time with 6th graders that require SO MUCH energy – emotionally and physically.  My back has held up beautifully (I have definitely had some aches and pains...but haven’t had any problems with some of my previous back problems that I was worried would happen).  Glory to JESUS for that!  I haven’t been overly hormonal (my co-worker and friend, Amber, attested to this the other day), with the exception of a few (between 5-7) days where I cried for no reason or got angry for no reason.  My students have even commented that I haven’t been “mean” like other pregnant teachers...haha.  I’ll give credit to the Holy Spirit for that.  (Although....I am mean to some of them...only when they deserve it...haha).  I finished 8 weeks (just in case he comes early) of substitute plans today (all color-coded and organized in a nice binder!).  This morning I was singing praise to God and my heart was overflowing with THANKFULNESS for his favor, grace, mercy and love! 
So, as the final month approaches, I can actually say I’m in the home-stretch!  I am “ready” for him to arrive, in that I’m mentally ready to go through labor and EXCITED to be a mommy!  I think I am as prepared mentally for labor as I’m going to be!  I was praying about my labor/delivery and God gave me some sweet promises.  He spoke to me and told me that I was going to be able to make it!!! (that may sound simple...but it encouraged my heart so much) and that he was going to be on one side of me, just as David will be on the other.  He spoke some other promises about little details that I’m clinging to...and know I’ll cling too when the PAINS set in!!!  Thanks for all your prayers!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment