Sunday, September 26, 2010

Babymoon at Blisswood B&B

This has been a wonderful weekend!  We have so much to be thankful for in life and are incredibly blessed!  The past 6 weeks have been quite a whirlwind in which I’ve been busy with school (very busy!) and busy with Spanish ministry.  This is the last week of the first marking period of school!  Only 4 more to go for me (5 for the non-pregnant teachers...haha).  So, David and I decided to have a babymoon, celebrate our 4 year anniversary and it just so happens that we also were blessed to celebrate being debt free (on Thursday we paid off all our business debt in under two years, instead of the planned 3 years!  All PRAISE TO GOD!)
So, on Friday, David picked me up from school and took me on our surprise adventure.  After nearly 2 hours we began driving down curving, country roads and I was thinking “where the heck are we going?”  We pulled into a private drive (reminded me much of Black River, the horse camp I grew up attending in the summers because the long road into the ranch is barely marked and once you arrive it’s a beautiful landscape of fields and horses).  I first saw this.....





 And then we pulled into this......The Enchanted Cabin at:
http://www.blisswood.net/rooms_onsite-enchanted.html

 
The nearest people were at least a mile away.  We were totally secluded for the weekend without TV and didn’t answers phones (well, they didn’t get reception anyways).  It was glorious.  We had great times of prayer, fun, walks, and amazing quality time together.  It was just what the doctor ordered.  We both returned to Waco today refreshed and rested!  I posted more pics on facebook under my Fall 2010 album.  My heart is FULL and I am so in love with my husband.  He is a man of love, tenderness, strength, wisdom, fun, thoughtfulness, joy, integrity and passion.  I am so proud of him and so proud to be his wife.  I can honestly say that after 4 years of marriage I AM more in love and we are even better best friends (God has blessed us tremendously)! 
Baby news = good news, but nothing too new.  The nausea is starting to get better...I think.  I dear friend who is about my size brought over some maternity clothes for me to borrow and trying on maternity pants was like heaven!  My belly is bulged enough to not fit into my normal pants with them buttoned.  I am 14 weeks and dying to get the phone call to set up our appointment to see WHO we are having....  That should be possible at the end of October.  Cravings still continue.  Over the weekend, I was madly craving grilled BLTs.  So, David bought all the goodies and I thoroughly enjoyed every bite.  Stay tuned for more next week!  Our little kitchenette :)




 This was along the private drive to our cabin....so peaceful!  

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the anniversary, the baby - of course and being debt free. Looks like it was a wonderful time!! Thanks for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete