Saturday, September 18, 2010

Promises from God for our children! (13 weeks)


David and I have been enjoying our Saturday mornings.  It’s so special to have one day a week when we can wake up slowly and lie in bed and talk.  David usually leans over and talks to our precious baby and gives him/her some kisses.  Then, he serves me cereal in bed.  After that, we go into the family room and spend time with Jesus with worship music playing, a yummy-smelling candle lit and our hearts being stirred by God.  I sat down on the couch this morning and had a heart desire to hear God speak something about our baby.  I turned to Zechariah and began reading, which at first felt a little random.  This turned out to be a very specific passage that God wanted me to read.  (This post is long, but I really want to document it and ask for people to join in and pray what God has spoken over our family). 
Zechariah 9:14-17
“Then the Lord will appear over them; his arrow will flash like lightning.  The soveriegn Lord will sound the trumpet, he will march in the storms of the south, and the Lord Almighty will shield them.  They will destroy and overcome with slingstones.  They will drink and roar as with wine; they will be full like a bowl used for sprinkling the corners of the altar.  The Lord their God will save them on that day as the flock of his people.  They will sparkle in his land like jewels in a crown.  How attractive and beautiful they will be!  Grain will make the young men thrive and new wine the young women.” 
My revelation and prayers of declaration from these promises:
OUR CHILDREN WILL BE:
-Shielded by their God.
-Destroyers and overcomers with slingstones (they will destroy and overcome evil/trouble with simple weapons of faith – like King David as a little shepherd boy – glorifying the POWER of God).
-Full like a bowl (full of the Holy Spirit – since wine represents the Holy Spirit ) used for sprinkling the altar (used for worshipping God – they will overflow with worship to God).
-Saved by God (trusting in God alone for salvation – not looking to the things of this world or other people for fulfillment or salvation).
-Sparkling in his land like jewels in a crown (lighting up our family, their spheres of influence, our city and this world with the Glory and Beauty of God.  Their PLACE is in the crown – in the King’s treasured place.  As parents, we will polish these precious jewels by caring for them, loving them, teaching them and delighting in their natural beauty). 
-Beautiful and attractive (inside and out – reflecting the beauty of God for they ARE wonderfully and beautifully made in His image!  Their personalities and hearts will be pure and attract others towards God). 
-Ones who THRIVE (on the grain/bread (word of God) and new wine (Holy Spirit).  They will enjoy the bread of life (Bible) and grow by being filled and led by the Holy Spirit). 
Zechariah 10:7
“The Ephraimites will become like mighty men, and their hearts will be glad as with new wine.  Their children will see it and be joyful; their hearts will rejoice in the Lord.”
-God – make David and me mighty and fill our hearts with the gladness of the freshness/refreshment that the Holy Spirit brings us daily! 
Zechariah 10:12
“I will strengthen them in the Lord and in his name they will walk,’ declares the Lord.”
-I declare that our family will find our strength in God and we will walk and live in His ways.
_____________
WOW – Now, if people think God doesn’t truly speak to His children when they sit and listen – they are MISSING OUT!  He is sooo good.  Jeremiah 29:12-14 “Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you,’ declares the Lord.”
PREGNANCY NEWS:
I went to the doctor yesterday for my 13 week appointment.  I heard the strong and fast heartbeat – what a precious, precious sound!  Dr. Bachofen said everything looks/sounds perfect. 
 13 Week Belly

I threw my back out on Tuesday – and was like a crippled old lady for two days, barely able to move.  I have been icing, stretching, seeing the chiropractor and praying and am feeling much better.  Not 100% yet, but getting there!  ALL IS WELL – ALL IS WELL WITH MY SOUL

No comments:

Post a Comment