Thursday, March 3, 2011

37 Weeks...anytime now! We're ready!

One of my all-time favorites - it's framed in baby room!



I can finally say we are ready for the baby in terms of being ready "materially."  Crib is assembled, baby room is painted and 80% decorated, carseat is ready to go and all my ducks are in a row with work!  Whew...it's a good feeling!  Well, once we get our cars all fixed then we'll REALLY be ready.  This week two of our cars broke down.  The Ranger's spark plug was loose (which was a quick and easy fix...praise God), but the Tahoe's fuel pump went out.  My poor mom was driving both when they each broke down!  Last night she was visiting Billy in Temple and called AAA to deliver her and the truck back to Waco.  We have a great friend who is a pastor at our church who fixes cars on the weekends.  He will work on the Tahoe Saturday.  I just laughed and imagined us pulling up to the hospital in the big Dually truck.  God will provide!  I'm just glad we are getting these things fixed now before our precious cargo is riding along with us!

I went to the doctor on Tuesday and she said my belly is measuring a week ahead of schedule (“Good size baby” were her exact words). She can tell he’s definitely dropped and head is down! I’m feeling lots more pressure. This week has been amazing though. Again, the Grace of God has allowed me to keep working and loving my students (even though I took a 20 min. nap on my dirty couch today during my conference period because I was flat out exhausted!).

My mom is amazing. I knew before she arrived that she would be a God-send and huge help and indeed she has been. Let’see: she helped Billy move out (so bittersweet for me...I love him and cherished our time together...but of course, I’m pumped to get that room ready for the permanent resident: Kbabe!) and helped him organize his apartment. She has cleaned our house (deep clean), painted the baby room, helped me organize/decorate....almost done, cleaned and organized our garage, ran errands, and cooked dinners! Amazing....I don’t know what I would do without her! I know I am forgetting a zillion little things she’s done too!

My growing belly is exactly that...growing and I feel HUGE! I have been more uncomfortable than ever...but loving it because it means the end is near! I am sitting here having mild contractions (have had them for about an hour now) and kind of hoping he comes over my spring break, which starts tomorrow! That would mean one extra week at home (paid) with my baby boy! I love looking at the baby crib and imagining his little body in there. I can’t wait to see his little eyes, nose and lips and wrap his tiny fingers around mine (ahh, my heart is melting already)! I’ll keep everyone posted...come soon or March 24th...it will be God’s perfect timing. Thanks for your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment