Wednesday, January 25, 2012

No more thumb-sucking and snuggles at bedtime!

Jack has never been a snuggler.  I wasn’t sure if it was because I never really allowed him to sleep on me much because I feared he would not be able to soothe himself to sleep or if it was his nature.  Whichever it was  - it has changed!  The past two weeks, Jack has snuggled on me every night before bed and I absolutely LOVE it!  He lays on me and we just stare at one another.  Sometimes we play this little game where he makes a noise and I imitate it and we go back and forth for a while and then both end up giggling (heart = melts).  He has also stopped sucking his thumb!!!!  As much as I would NEVER wish a sickness upon my child, he has had a cold for two weeks and therefore, was unable to suck his thumb (due to a super congested nose).  It was the cure though – he seems to have forgotten just how much he loved and needed that thumb (oh did he ever).  I am thrilled because I would see it happening and have horrible flashbacks of my younger days having to have an expander (twice), braces and invisalign because I sucked my thumb till I was like 7 and shifted my bone!  I would imagine the difficulties of trying to get him to stop when he’s 2-3ish.  But, now I don’t have to!  (Let’s pray he doesn’t pick it up again!)  He now finds comfort in the silky edge of his blankie.  It’s funny how kids do that.  It just happened.  He just started holding it and putting it up to his face and calming down.  I love being his mommy and I love bedtimes with him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment