Thursday, January 19, 2012

A new year

Three months later, here I am again with lots of updates! 

First – Jack is ALMOST 10 months old already!  He is pulling up on furniture, starting to cruise (walk along the couch), babbling lots of syllables like (baba, mama, dada and some other delightful gibberish), eating a great variety of food and has one little tooth that has poked up on the bottom (and one more coming in on top…but it’s not a front tooth – if these two come in he will look like a little pumpkin).  Oh, how could I forget?  He climbs up all our stairs now..and quickly! 

 He is my delight.  David and I always take a week to pray and fast at the beginning of each year to reflect on the past year and get vision for the upcoming.  I was looking through prayers and words God spoke to me about Jack and remembered that God said he would be a delight.  He really is.  Of course children are a delight to their parents, but this characteristic really stands out.  Last year was the best year of my life and I am so thankful to God for it.  It was a year of rest, clarity and air (I was actually able to stop, take deep breaths and enjoy life)!  It was amazing.  I am looking forward to another great year. 

We did a major overhaul on our home and are actually starting round 2 right now – I stripped our bathroom and guest bedroom wallpaper (ugly!) and we are priming it today.  More details to come.  It feels good getting this done and I LOVE having David around this January to help!  On one hand it’s hard that David doesn’t have lots of work each January (no one is thinking about landscaping right after Christmas in the coldest month), but it’s fun spending lots of time together and working on the house.

To end on a heart-note.  I was reading the word this morning and I want this verse to mark my life this year: “You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound.” Psalm 4:7  I desperately want God’s joy in my life to be far greater than enjoying anything on earth…wow.  Let it be!  

No comments:

Post a Comment